Wednesday

mushroom cookies ~



Yes!
Cookies shaped like mushrooms.
Would you expect anything less from me ...
the Mushroom Queen of the neighborhood.


The ones with the red caps are a sour cream sugar cookie with a semi-sweet chocolate connecting the stems to the caps ~ topped with a sweet royal icing glaze.  They look like little Wine Caps.


The brown ones are a delectable ginger spice cookie with a chocolate dipping to hold them together.  

Sam saw these cookies and went, "EWE MUSHROOMS! You ruined the cookies!"  I tried to tell him they are just shaped like mushrooms... no mushrooms are in them.  

I also had some comments about them not being a Christmas "shaped" cookie.  Well...
apparently in Russia they are.  Why?  I don't know; but I like them.

Yum ...
So it begins ...
my crazy week of baking!

Until next time ...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel

9 comments:

  1. Mel, That is a first for me...I have never seen cookies shaped like a mushroom. :) But I bet they are good. Blessings for a fabulous holiday, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have a hard time with them, because my brain would be saying they should taste like mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's mind over matter but I can definitely NOT see Sam eating these. You should shape all your cookies into mushrooms, maybe I will get to taste some then cause I know there will be left overs. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are something else. Who else woulda thunk of it! BUT Sam ain't usually wrong. Good to see the post and a Merry Christmas to you guys in the North woods.

    stay WArm. Hugs from down here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OKayyyyy, my comment disappeared..............dangitall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sayin'.......your shrooms look good to me, and I'll bet they are too. You's a good lil baker !!! They do look real too. Good job there, sis. I baked too, all day so I'm thinking I aughta post again. It's been eons. loveya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking that knowing you this could become a tradition for your house. Christmas mushrooms. lol
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some of the funnest cookies I've seen in a long time.
    You're so creative. Your cookies are festive and jolly and that makes them holiday cookie enough for me. I bet they taste delicious. Yum!
    Merry Christmas!
    :)

    ReplyDelete