Friday

loonatics ~

~image from the internet~

We managed to survive yet another year of the infamous Wisconsin Mercer Loon Day ... always held the first Wednesday in August for one day only.

~image from the internet~

Loon Day ... 
over 250 vendors pedaling their wares
attracting 9 to 10,000 visitors to a little town with a population of around 1,700.

LOVE IT!

We always manage to run into friends there ...
spend time at the Biergarten at The Pines and listen to great music outside by the bandstand and bar ... 



We always have a great time at this event.

~ * ~

This pic reminds me of a little mishap I had last week.
I was testing out my sister's new bike.  I even said to her that I was making a mistake because I had on a pair of flip flop shoes ... not the kind of footwear to be sporting while trying to ride a bike ... something I haven't done in about 10 years or more.  
All was well until my shoe slipped and I tried to compensate and keep the flip floppin' shoe on and keep upright with the bike all in one swift move WHEN I was grabbed by a great big gob of gravity!

A little gravel picking out of the hand and knee and lower leg ... wash off a little blood and all is well.

AND .. yes the bike survived.  Not a scratch on it.

~ * ~


~ remind you of anyone??~

~ * ~
Last evening ... my sister and I took the kayaks out for a quick paddle  ...



 I need a new life vest ... this one kept crawling up and hitting me in the back of the head.  Maybe if I lost around a hundred pounds it would fit better... ya think?  Nasty... what a view I portray!

Colleen said my hair sure was getting long ... I told her take a pic so I can see.  I don't never look at my backside if I don't have to!! Cheese Louise ~ what a view.  My weight snuck up on me like that great big gob of gravity got me over the years.

Oh well... at least I'm out there enjoying myself and trying to get in some exercise.  If my looks offends you ... don't look at me.  I don't give a ship.



 We paddled around for about an hour until these ominous clouds decided to open up and start raining on us.  Still ... despite the rain we had a great time and I can't wait to get out there and do it again.

Until next time ...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel

6 comments:

  1. Your Loon Day reminds me of the Poteet Strawberry Festival. Small town with zillions of people converging on it. Your hair looks pretty. Be careful on that bike next time. I guess it's been about ten years since I rode mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always fun to visit. You guys can find more to do in a day than i Can in a month.
    I like the hair and hope one day to operate a kayak. This is sent from I-90 at about 60 mph. Mark is driving and tries to hit EVERY bump in the road. LOL

    Just finished the Corn Palace headed with our bad boys' to the Bad lands.

    Speaking of accidents, hope you heal well! I heard Sam had a big one, but is doing well.

    Love from the road to you and the Slim man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIP!!!! No way for a kayaker to talk!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, so why didn't my comment send?????????????????????dangitall

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to mark my calendar for next year's craft market in Mercer. Thanks for the heads up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You GO GIRL!!! Embrace your life and don't worry about anything else but enjoying the ride. You are not put on this earth to conform to someone else's whacked out ideals. Rock on and have fun and wear appropriate footwear. HAHA or not.

    ReplyDelete