Sunday

pyrography ~


I've been sitting idle for too long ... time to get the creative juices flowing again.  Should I paint, nah.  Woodworking, make more bird houses, nah. Sewing, cooking, cleaning, get organized and have a garage sale, ... What to do?  What to do? 

It is springtime finally in my neck of the woods and I really do have a ton of outside projects and inside projects to get at ... but they all feel like work.  My gardening and raking up after the dog will just have to be put on the back burner for a bit.  I need something else.

There is something that I always had a bit of an interest in but have never tried before.  Pyrography a.k.a. Wood Burning.  Why not give it a try.

Here's my very first attempt ... a loon.





Not the best job ... but for a first attempt I was satisfied with it.  I sure do have a lot to learn about being a pyographer!!!  It's not as easy as it looks, that's for sure. 

One thing I have learned already though ... and this might be a hard lesson for me to grasp ... patience.  I need to slow it down and take my time. 

I can't begin to tell you how many times I was saying to myself under my breath and out loud, "Patience Grasshopper. Patience."

Until next time ...
so it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel




3 comments:

  1. The Loon actually looks 3D to me. I love it, I have done some of the copying on the soft wood, but even there I try to rush the job. I have thought of using a blow torch. ahahah

    Always good to see an alert from the North Woods. Brandy's picture just popped up yesterday, that was a loving dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good. The piece looks very nice. I did a bit of wood burning when I was younger and really liked it. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropping in to say howdy. It's been so long since last we blogged together. I hope you and yours are doing well.
    You're multi-talented and your pyrography is lovely. It's like country charm. Thanks for sharing the word, I never knew that wood burning was called pyrography, cool!
    Take care and have a wonderful rest of the Spring. :)

    ReplyDelete