Friday

I'm back ~

Wowzers! I can't believe I've been away from my blog for so long.  So what have I been up to? Nothing much.  Still the same view out the window ~ only better colored.  Winter white was getting a little long here. The leaves are coming onto the trees and the lawn is green.  The snow is gone!! Praise the Lord and pass the gravy!!!

The summer song birds have found their way back north ~
The squirrels (black, reds and gray) and the chipmunks are still raiding the feeders ~
Look at those fat little cheeks ~ he looks just like me :)

Dear Hubby and I did some fishing ~ (sorry I forgot to take a pic of our fish) but we did see some beautiful clouds that were hanging so low in the sky it felt like you could reach up and touch them.

We also saw an eagle on a nest ... it was a ways off though ... and the boat was going through some pretty rough waters at the time.  I was amazed I even managed to get the two shots that I did get.


Notice the little white dot ... that's the eagles head sticking out of it's nest.










Such a pretty sunset ~













I just love it when God paints!!


It was so awesome sitting out in the boat watching this ...
the low hanging clouds ...
darkness coming on ...
the chill of the evening.

That last burst of sunlight ...
the end of the day.

Life is good.

Until next time ...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel

9 comments:

  1. well, well, well, look who's back...missed ya sis, even tho we talk every day...love all the pics, but especially the bluejay in the shade and the sun setting.
    Can't wait for our fishing trip.
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think we were sisters or something ... but then again we are; and we often do similar things without realizing it ~ like both posting bird pics. :)
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed your blog while you were busy doing other things. Love the sunset photos. They are the best on the lake. We're talking about putting the pontoon in on Sunday. I hope so, I miss being out on the water. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, Mel! A fine way to spend a Spring day. I loved God's paintings too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images, Mel. Do you have the fairy stuff outside yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding photo's. Love the narrative and your view of nature. The fish pictures do not matter, as a friend of mine once said, "It was never about the fishing, it was the love!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing photographs. I especially love the ones with the sky and the water - they shimmer with light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the snow is gone! Nippy this morning though. Gotta do some planting this weekend ... I do have a few things in already.

    Lovely pics. Glad life is good for you with all its little enjoyments.

    ReplyDelete