Monday

peek out my window ~

Things are finally getting back to normal around here.  Praise the Lord and pass the gravy!  Dear Hubby is back to work today since his fall on Thanksgiving Day! Yay!!

Here's a peek out my window at the Winter Wonderland the Dear Lord has blessed us with ~ look at all that snow!


The pine squirrel is checking out the wreath ...

B I G  J U M P ...




Instead of messing around with my wreath he should be keeping an eye on his peanuts.  Look who was stealing peanuts while he wasn't keeping guard:


I thought this was a odd picture of the bluejay ... his legs are in the air and he's already taking off in flight :)

The feeders have been getting hit pretty steady with all this snow cover.


I love it!




Even the Grandloves and their Uncle Sam had some fun in the snow this weekend... 
... time to fire up the old vintage SkiDoo and tie on the sled ~


  ... down the trail and through the woods ~



~ to Grandmothers house they go!



Thanks for taking a peek out my window with me.  Happy Holidays!

Until next time ...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel

14 comments:

  1. I enjoyed peeking through your window very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I was thinking the same, Laurie."
    It is a winter wonderland you guys have. Looks like a fun time. MOST OF ALL glad the slim man is able to get back to work. That is good news. Love all the pictures. Good stuff, love the fawn.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS UP IN THE NORTH WOODS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say you have a whole box of assorted Christmas cards here. The only place we see scenes like this, just beautiful. So glad your husband is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view is wonderful, lots of activity going on outside that window. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I agree it is beautiful there!

    Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your view is beautiful. ENJOY! merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing the photos are wonderful. Isn't it amazing what nature provides? I am glad your husband is better. A few years ago my husband broke his ankle at Thanksgiving. Kind of puts a halt to the holiday cheer. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It IS beautiful outside with the heavy snow cover. The snowmobilers are jumping for joy, the cross-country skiers are out and about and the snowshoers are following close behind. It is a winter wonderland. Sorry I missed you this morning. and glad to hear Slim is back to work.
    Merry Christmas and we'll see you at the farm Christmas Eve.
    loveya

    ReplyDelete
  9. We do live in a Christmas card this year, don't we? Have a very Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that Hubby is back at work.
    Beautiful scenery you have there. Thanks for sharing and a Merry Christmas to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! Your photos are so beautiful. :) I'm glad your husband is doing better. Merry Christmas. It sure is white there. :) Here in Oregon, we have gray and brown. But that's fine. The Christmas season is joyful no matter what the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful views all around! Merry Christmas from Mingus and me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the squirrel, and he does deserve the jay stealing the peanut! My husband pulls my granddaughter's sled around w/the four wheeler; however, our snow wasn't as deep and the bottom of the sled is a bit torn up, fixed temporarily with duct tape. It's just a plastic sled so next year will bring a new one. Glad your husband is back to work.

    ReplyDelete