Wednesday

cooler days ~

The cooler days of fall are here.











I love the color of fall ~ the scents of fall ~ the feel of fall ~ I love it all !!!
















Only sad thing about the fall season is that it always seems to fly by too fast.

  Old Man Winter likes to show up too early.  I heard the weather man say this morning that we could have some light snow flurries as early as this coming Friday.  Friday?  This Friday?  That's only 2 days out!!!  Pray the weather man is wrong.
~~~*~~~~

There hasn't been much activity on the compost pile during the day ... but come night time the skunks have been busy checking it out.  Just what I didn't want to see.  Oh well.... just as long as they keep their tails down and I'm always up wind of them.
~~~*~~~
I wonder if Mom plans on picking the crab apples off her little tree or if she's going to let them go for the birds and deer?

Speaking of which ... these two come running into the yard if they hear an apple fall from the tree ...


... don't go flashing that tail at me ... I'm not going to chase you away from the tree.  I'll let you be as long as you leave a few apples for me.
~~~*~~~

 Taking a nap???  or watching TV???




















Smile ... my little chickadees!

Until next time ...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel




7 comments:

  1. Mel, I am so not ready for snow...no way. Where do you live? I hope it's Canada.LOL...only because I do not snow this early. I thought last year was early enough. Stay warm. Blessings to all. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not ready for snow yet! I hope you don't get any...too soon!!!!
    The kids are so cute...and so are the deer. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet children. They look cute all snuggled up close. LOve those adorable deer too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the trees were beautiful until I saw the beauties on the bed... NICE!
    Ah I enjoyed the post and always enjoy the pictures from the trail cameras you guys post.
    Love to all from Melbourne, FL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pics of Bailey and Blake. Blake is such a little chunky monkey, I just want to squish her cheeks and give her num nums. It's hard to believe she is only 6 1/2 mos. Although when you have a 10 lb baby she was already almost twice the size of a normal kid lol. That skunk running around looks to be just as big as Blake. Hopefully Dad gets them all trapped out, don't need those stinky buggers around. The trees are beautiful and I agree fall is the best season, just too dang short! Love ya and miss ya ... your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say the trees are really stunning this year with fabulous colors. Great minds think alike, I just posted my fall pics too. And I can't believe how big Blake is getting already ... bout time I meet her in person.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I'm telling Mom you said that awful "S" word! Should wash your mouth out with soap.

    ReplyDelete