Friday

it's snowing ~

Oh boy!  Here it comes and it's way too early for my liking.


As I write this ... it's snowing!  Yes Cheryl ... the "S" word.  And it's coming whether we like it or not.

It's not accumulating.  It's melting off as soon as it hits the ground; but none the less ... it's snowing!!!

Ohhhhh.... I'm just not ready for it yet; there's too much fall season I need to enjoy before it switches over to winter.  Where's my Indian Summer?  We still need to get the boat put away.

This change in weather did spark the Shiitake mushrooms to start putting on fruit ~ finally!  These logs were inoculated in May of 2013.  I swear ... it was like waiting for an elephant to give birth :)




So far ... just a handful of mushrooms; but I have high hopes for a pretty good harvest of them ... seeing as how wet it's been and how much the weather is switching up.  Fungi is finicky on when it wants to fruit.

I best get off the computer and go do something constructive ~ like fold that last load of laundry ... or maybe eat a bowl of Jello!

Until next time ...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel


7 comments:

  1. NO NO I dont want SNOW! Keep it over your way at least through Oct. I guess leaving Alaska for Upper Michigan wasn't far enough south! LOVE the shitake's though.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a single snowflake around here. Was supposed to rain and come a cool spell but I didn't feel it. Had three air conditioners running all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow flakes are illegal in Florida, methinks!
    Those are pretty mushrooms. I thought the first one was a painting you had started of a duck, and you had started on it's behind, honestly.
    Hopefully Mother nature is just funning....
    Love from Melbourne...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really appreciate it if you would keep all that snow up there for yourself, Mel. It is 37 here tonight and cold-cold-cold! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. SNOW, oh no. Thank goodness it's not sticking. Hang in there. LOVING those mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had snow in the air this morning in northern Illinois. Nothing that stuck to the ground. Your mushrooms are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to get up to my cabin, and go musky fishing. Snow already!

    ReplyDelete