Saturday

yep ~


Not much going on around here.  It's warming up ~ yesterday was our first day in 56 days that the temperature stayed above zero overnight.  That's promising :)

I received a few seed catalogs in the mail ...


Apparently the seed companies haven't gotten my memo - we still have 4,000 feet of snow on the ground that needs to melt away before we can get into the garden! Okay, maybe 4,000 feet is stretching it a bit; but there's a lot of snow out there that needs to go.

I do love the winter months but even I am getting a wee bit stir crazy and feeling the effects of this long winter.  I think it's because we didn't make a Texas run this winter to break up the monotony of cabin fever.  Calgon ~ take me away!

We will be busy this weekend though.... sausage making time again.  Dear Hubby and I will be firing up the smokehouse to make some summer sausage, snacking sticks and 3 different kinds of bratwurst ... original recipe, swiss style and pizza brats.  We never made the swiss or pizza ones before ~ can't wait to try those.

Other than that ... we are also getting anxious as the clock is ticking down.

Our daughter can't even zip her jacket anymore ... she sat down and the zipper went up :)
Grandlove number four is due to make her debut soon.  She's due the 20th.
Yep ~ it's another girl :)

Until next time ...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel


9 comments:

  1. Oh, a new Grandlove! That's exciting, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of seed catalogs. How exciting about the grandbaby to be. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seed catalogs - dreaming away - hope you daughter has a speedy delivery and recovery! Blessins

    ReplyDelete
  4. i HAVE NO DOUBT that it feels like thousands of feet of snow.
    Ahhhhh girls, I LOVE 'EM!!!!

    Y'all girls are so cute and so much fun to play with, no matter how old the GAL gets!

    Love from Florida, PLEASE CLOSE THE DOOR) Sending hugs and kisses to you and the Slim man. The smoke house sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful daughter you have! Congrats on the Grandlove. Hope all goes well for mother and daughter.

    Your sausages sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seed catalogs are good for passing the time.
    Staci's as big as a "Smokehouse" (wink, wink)
    Seems like you just told me she was expecting. WoW - although it was a long winter seem her months flew by.
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, I see Sweet Stac hasn't dropped yet, but my, I haven't seen her since Christmas and she Has grown...she's a pretty prego~

    As for those seed catalogs, I quit looking at mine and decided to take a couple runs to pick out seed in person. Bill is worried he won't have enough pumpkin seeds...ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna be an Aunt again ... I'm gonna be an Aunt again ... la la la la la laaaaa (singing to myself).
    I love the pic of Staci's zipper going up on her jacket lol. You should get another pic of her now though. That last pic is a month old and the baby grows the most in the last month. I still think she's gonna have it before the 20th. I was talking to her on the phone yesterday and she was telling me that she has been doing some major cleaning the past few days. She took her curtains down and washed them, she's been going through closets, and she put Brooke on the stool to clean the top of the cabinets and fridge. I had to chuckle and asked her if she was nesting? Her answer was "Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Lol.
    She does look good though and I've been waiting for the phone call saying "she's here!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Sweet another grand baby on the way :)
    We had snow today too ~ but I am dreaming of seeing crocus soon .

    ReplyDelete