I wish the computers had smellavision ~ then you could smell how delish my house smell right now. I just whipped up a big double batch of carrot bread (5 loaves) and it left the nicest aroma while baking.
Here's the recipe: It makes a big batch! It will make 2 loaf pans and 6 cupcakes or 2 bundt cakes or doubled will make 5 loaves
4 Cups raw fine grated carrots
1 (20 oz.) can of crushed pineapple w/ juice
1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Oil
3 Cups white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 Cups Flour
3 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Cups raisins
1 Cups flaked coconut
Step By Step
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour two 10 inch Bundt pans or 2 loaf pans and 6 muffin tins or if doubled 5 loaf pans.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine carrots, pineapple, oil and sugar. Add eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat well.
4. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins and coconut.
5. Pour into prepared greased and floured pans. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If Bundt cake or muffins ~ allow to cool completely before frosting with Cream Cheese Frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 block of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 pound confectioners sugar
1/2 C. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
Cream the butter, vanilla and cream cheese. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar adding a little milk if necessary to make desired thickness.
I also had to do a little patching job on Old Mr. Acid Pants. Explanation ~ Dear Hubby is an engineer in the steam plant at the paper mill. On occasion he has to work with some pretty caustic chemicals. If he gets just the tiniest splash of acid on his blue jeans it will start out as just a little hole and by the end of the shift it will turn into a big hole. If I went out and bought new pants for him every time he got splashed with acid ... I'd have to get a divorce; because I sure couldn't afford him.
So.... I sew patches on his work pants.
Here's a before:
and the After:
Not the prettiest looking pair of jeans; but good enough for his dirty job.
What else is new in the north woods ~ oh yeah...
Sam got the Thanksgiving turkey ~ and no Chuck... it doesn't say ButterBall on it's butt.
Until next time...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.