Friday

pies pies and more pies~

I spent the better part of the day in my hot kitchen baking for JPD Warrior Project fisheree.

I made 2 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecakes:
A Strawberry Rhubarb Custard: (from my home grown rhubarb)
A Chocolate Walnut Pie:
A Tin Roof Sundae Pie aka. Sin in A Tin

A Blueberry Pie: (from berries I picked this summer)
A Coconut Caramel Drizzle Pie:
A Raspberry Lattice Top Pie: (more berries I picked this summer)
A Peanut Butter Pie with Dark Chocolate Shavings:
It sure was a challenge getting all these pies together today without licking the spoon!  But I must say... it was very small tastes that I took ... just lots of them! lol ... it's hard to be on a diet and then have to go and bake pies all day long. 

At least my house is still warm ( and it smells scrumptious!!) ~ actually too warm ... my furnace part never showed up today, so we were unable to get that fixed.  I'm not too happy about that.  Especially when I went and paid all that extra shipping to have it here today.  bummer
Now... I don't know when we'll get this taken care of; because the next two days we'll be so busy with the fisheree business.  Always something!

Until next time...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel

6 comments:

  1. Wow Mel, Your Pies look GRRREAT!!!Yaba daba dooo
    you should get some hefty bids on those. Way to go Girl. Proud of you
    Bless Your Day tomorrow and Stay Warm...Andy and Nate are heading up in the wee hours of the morning...while the moon still shines bright...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking, delicious pies!!! Hope they make you lots of money Mel. I love to bake and I really shouldn't eat the stuff as I am diabetic. Oh well, just another thing wrong with me. Wonder what is right?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now you're just showing off! ROFL ~ they look sinfully delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom told me to "check out Mel's blog"...too funny to hear her say
    blog...lol.
    She said you posted pics of the pies and I should check it out,
    she's right again, you outdid yourself! They look scrumptious!

    Good luck on the fisheree and on
    the furnace. Stay WARM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, Eric and I went to the fisheree this afternoon and were astounded at what the pies were going for....Slim bought one of his brides pies for
    $60. By time we left, and we left early due to 'cold feet'...one of the pies went for $160. Awesome pies Mel...Next year I'm coming earlier with one pair of woolies. All for a good cause....hope I win the grill and beef package.
    BlessYa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Mel, those pies look absolutely heavenly. I could practically smell them wafting through the house - heyyyy.... Maybe that's what woke me up: the smell of freshly baked yummies... LOL And good on you for only taking little licks on the spoon, rather than going whole-hog for the whole pie; that took guts, Mel... :)

    That's too bad about that furnace part. I sure do hope it arrives soon - especially since you paid for it to get there on a certain date. Maybe weather caused some kind of hold-up?

    Well, I just wanted to stop by and see how you're doing and how things are going. Hope you have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete