Friday

up & runnin' again~

Finally, our power is back on ~ after three days.  You just don't realize how much you love it until you don't have it. 

We had a big windstorm go through ~ thankfully, we didn't sustain too much damage to the place.


The boat canopy and truck window didn't handle it too well ~ nor some of the trees in our yard.







Yes... that's snow on the ground! It's was just a dusting and melted off already ~ I'm so not ready for a snowy winter yet.


You should of seen me jump when the wind blew that 33 gallon can and bird feeder off the deck and they went rolling down the stairs.  The can was full of soda pop cans ~ which blew all over the yard.  What a racket and mess!

Ahhh... the joy of listening to things that go bump in the night.

Until next time...
So it goes in my neck of the woods.
~mel



7 comments:

  1. Thank goodness that you and your home remained safe. Those winds can really mess with your head (and your yard), lol. We had a windy night a week ago and my doors rattled and sounded as if someone was trying to break in! It was night and it was scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we are spoiled to that electricity. Everything you think you are going to do takes that stuff. Just an hour off for me makes me appreciate it so I can imagine how you felt for three days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you lose power that really affects me. I keep turning switches on and off. We had a blizzard several years back and was without power for6 days and it was colder tyhan heck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel, Glad you escaped any major wind damage. I'm with you - "so not ready for winter". ☻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you came through okay. We've had a lot of wind and rain this week but no damage, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,look what the wind blew in - the neighbors pumpkin bag full of leaves blew INTO our yard. We had a few branches down off the big maple but otherwise we weathered the winds pretty good. Had to reset all my halloween decorations though. Glad you are all safe, sorry about your boat, truck window and canopy. But look at all that firewood!!
    As for your question about that jar - it's filled with dragon eyeballs, the other is pickled bat wings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch, that was bad enough damage.
    The can full of cans had to have made an awesome sound.
    How come we only think of buying a generator when the power goes off? I swear this time I will bite the bullet for we often have long periods with out power in the winter. I almost enjoy it for a while and it does make me clean out the fridge so I guess it is not all bad.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete